13.4.13

patience.


Amazon: we are the people with the smile on the box.
Is their slogan I know.
I would get a happy big smile on my face if my package would arrive like...now!
I have ordered a book that I am dying to read and it was only dispatched to day, so it might arrive between the 16th - 29th of April.
Please Amazon, make it arrive a little faster?
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, written by Sogyal Rinpoche was the chosen one.
At work there's this colleague who I empathize and, as obvious, we share thoughts about everything. He is half indian, half tibetan - was born in one place but lived since a kid on the other. But his family follows the Buddhism. He captivated me when speaking about all this culture and spirituality, and suggested me that book, thought that it would be nice to me to open my mind and think a bit outside the box.
Keep calm mum and dad, I'm not gonna convert into Buddhism.
This was all because one day in the middle of a random day I told my colleague that I am scared of dying. But I am more scared that someone who is really close to me dies. 
The book is about accepting death and be prepared to it. It teaches you that you can only do that living well. Seems obvious but I think I'll enjoy it.
-

Amazon: somos as pessoas com o sorriso na caixa.
Pois pois, eu ficaria era com um smile na face se a encomenda chegasse agora, tipo hoje.
Encomendei um livro que estou a morrer para ler e só foi despachado hoje, logo deve chegar entre 16 - 29 de Abril. Por favor Amazon faz a encomenda chegar um bocadinho mais perto do 16 do que do 29.
O Livro Tibetano da Vida e da Morte (The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying), escrito por Sogyal Rinpoche   foi o meu escolhido.
Lá no hotel há um colega com quem simpatizo e, como natural, partilhamos as coisas que nos preocupam e outras parvoíces. Ele é meio indiano, meio tibetano - nsceu num lado mas viveu desde bebé no outro. Mas a família segue-se toda pelo budismo. Ele cativou-me com o que me fala disso e aconselhou-me o livro, achou que me irá abrir a cabeça e pensar fora da ervilha. 
Calma papás, não me vou converter a outra religião.
Isto tudo porque um dia lhe disse que tinha medo de morrer, que tinha medo de fechar os olhos e pronto, acabou-se tudo; mas mais medo tenho que alguém que me é muito próximo morra.
O livro fala em aceitar a morte e estar preparado para morrer. E ensina que isso só se consegue vivendo bem. Parece óbvio mas eu acho que vou gostar.